Bisquick Coffee Cake by Stacy Dye
In my childhood home, we enjoyed this coffee cake every Christmas morning. It was such a treat because my mom would only make it a few times during the year. What we didn’t know at the time was that she would make this cake whenever we ran out of grocery money and she needed to feed the family breakfast with only one egg. What we thought was a special treat was actually my mom trying to stretch our groceries until the next paycheck came. Now, this coffee cake is a tradition in my home with my own family. Both of my boys plan to one day continue the tradition with their own families. All because of one egg. Merry Christmas!
– Stacy Dye, Sixth and Seventh grade Science Teacher
Ready in: 35 MINUTES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a deep pie plate, 8″x8″ square pan, or 9″x9″ square pan.
- Mix dough ingredients and put in baking dish.
- Mix topping ingredients with a fork or pastry mixer until crumbly.
- Spread topping mix over dough and drag a butter knife across like you were making a tic-tac-toe board several times.
- Bake for 25 minutes.