Cucumber Cream Cheese Spread by Lisa Wallace
As our kids got older they wanted to help more in the kitchen. They felt like “cookies” anyone could make. So every year we just started trying new recipes and had more like a “POT LUCK” with our Turkey and a few other favorites.
This Cucumber Spread was very easy last minute and was different than all the traditional recipes. We have a large family and so there was always something “NEW” on the table. Everyone eats from the minute they get up until they crash after the BIG Meal.
It’s really good in the summer with crackers too!
– Lisa Wallace, School Nurse
CUCUMBER CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
prep time: 10 Minutes
total time: 10 Minutes
- ½ Cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Food processor instructions:
- Trim away roots from the base of green onion, place in a food processor. Add cucumbers to the food processor bowl.
- Cover and process until coarsely chopped (Don’t overprocess! You want chunks, not water)
- Add cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and salt.
- Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for flavors to blend. Please don’t skip this step and try to eat right away- trust me, it makes a big difference in flavor when you let it hang out overnight.
Electric mixer instructions:
- Finely chop the cucumber and the green onions.
- In a medium bowl combine cucumber, green onions, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for flavors to blend.
Use as little or as much cucumber that you like. Make it to your taste! Serve on a toasted bagel or crackers.