“HOLIDAY TRASH” Recipe by Rob Williford
“Holiday Trash” can be found in the homes of all of my family members during the holidays. My grandmother always made it and had it out. I know it is just as prevalent in my wife’s family. It would not feel like Christmas time without constantly snacking on this everywhere I sit down in any of my loved one’s homes.
– Rob Williford, Middle School Principal
- 1 preheated oven 225 degree
- 1 roasting pan
- 2 cup Corn Chex Cereal
- 2 cup Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Goldfish Crackers
- 1 cup Pretzel Sticks
- 1 cup Pecan Halves
- 1 cup Cashew Halves
- 1 cup garlic roasted rye chips
- 1/4 cup Butter (1 stick)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Seasoning Sat
- Add first seven ingredients in a roasting pan, and set aside.
- Over low heat melt butter, add Worcestershire sauce, red hot sauce and remaining four spices until just incorporated
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine well. Bake mixture at 225°F for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Don’t forget to stir.
- Have fun with this. Add any dry ingredient you like. Just keep an eye on it while it’s baking. You can make this as sweet-tasting or spicy as you want. Enjoy!