Hot Cocoa by Angela Krampitz
One of our favorite family Christmas traditions we have created is to get dressed in our jammies with hot cocoa and drive around to look at the lights in our neighborhood. We have made hot chocolate lots of different ways, but this recipe is always a winner!
– Angela Krampitz, School Counselor
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 1/2 cups hot water
- Mini marshmallows (technically optional-but required in our house)
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Slowly stir in water. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Top with marshmallows. Store covered in refrigerator.