Joanie V.’s Pistachio Pudding Cake by Jacqui Hertlein
This is my Gramn’s special recipe. Any and every occasion ALWAYS called for a Joanie V pistachio pudding cake. Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, funerals, sick from school days, back to school night. No matter your reason, my Gramn always had one on hand. Her special secret was the Hershey’s syrup. After you pour the batter in, drizzle on some syrup and fold in with a butter knife. That was the perfect piece to make this the BEST holiday recipe! We miss our Joanie V daily, but her love lives on through this cake and the new memories created while enjoying it!
– Jacqui Hertlein, LS and MS Teacher
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- Hershey’s Syrup
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan or use baking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil and eggs for 2 minutes.
- Pour into bundt pan and use a butter knife to swirl in syrup (as much as you’d like)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then invert cake onto wire rack and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.