Sausage Casserole recipe by Catherine Hague
I guess I have enjoyed this menu on Christmas morning for the last 40 years….I know I was in college when we started eating this. I have so many wonderful memories of my parents – now deceased – and all the laughter and good times we had around my mother’s beautiful table. The food was delicious, but the love and laughter were the real gifts. This breakfast is one of our traditions, and my children, now 29 and 27, love this Christmas morning breakfast.
Spread the love..spread the laughter.
– Catherine Hague, Middle School Teacher
Christmas Breakfast Menu
- Sausage Casserole
- Garlic Cheese Grits
- Fruit Salad
- Petite Cinnamon Buns
- Blueberry Muffins
- Coffee ~ Mimosas
Sausage Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (6 ounces) onion and garlic croutons
- 1 ro 1/12 cups of finely grated cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- Spray a large oblong Pyrex dish with Pam
- Line with seasoned croutons – about a box
- Brown 2 lbs of sausage – 1 regular, 1 hot – drain and sprinkle over croutons
- Cover with 1 cup to 1 ½ cups of finely grated cheddar cheese
- Mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 4 eggs, and 1 ½ cups of milk – pour over the casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 and ½ hours at 325 degrees.